The Assistant Track & Field/Cross Country Coach has the primary function of assisting the Head Track & Field/Cross Country Coach with the programmatic oversight and recruiting coordination of pole vault and multi-events for the University of Louisville Track & Field/Cross Country program.
- Bachelor's degree in Sport Administration or a related field.
- Three (3) years of track & field/cross country coaching experience; may include collegiate, professional, or club coaching experience.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, including both oral and written.
- High-level commitment toward program, department, & university needs.
- Proficient knowledge and commitment to NCAA, ACC, and University rules and regulations.
- Ability to collaborate with support staff in pursuit of optimum performance & academic success.
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard workweek including nights, weekends, and travel as required.
- Plan, organize, & implement all components of pole vault and multi-events.
- Provide event-specific instruction including techniques, conditioning, and competitive tactics.
- Successfully identify and recruit talented student-athletes into the program who are able to become strong athletic, academic, and community representatives of the University of Louisville.
- Set up, implement, and tear down event specific practice sessions.
- Serve as the team Academic Liaison.
- Manage the assigned group TMP and Cara log.