The Assistant Track & Field/Cross Country Coach has the primary function of assisting the Head Track & Field/Cross Country Coach with the programmatic oversight and recruiting coordination of jump events for the University of Louisville Track & Field/Cross Country program. This will include all recruiting, training, competition, and welfare relating to the student-athletes on a daily basis. This position will report to the Head Track & Field/Cross Country Coach.
- Plan, organize, & implement all components of jump events.
- Provide event-specific instruction including techniques, conditioning, and competitive tactics.
- Successfully identify and recruit talented student-athletes into the program who are able to become strong athletic, academic, and community representatives of the University of Louisville.
- Set up, implement, and tear down event specific practice sessions.
- Serve as the team Academic Liaison.
- Manage the assigned group TMP and Cara log.
- Promote an atmosphere of compliance within the program through strict adherence to NCAA, ACC and university rules and regulations through monitoring of program activities, active involvement and commitment to continuous rules education, timely submission of compliance-related documents, and immediate reporting of any knowledge of potential rules violation involving self or others.
- Bachelor's degree in Sport Administration or a related field.
- Three (3) years of track & field/cross country coaching experience; may include collegiate, professional, or club coaching experience.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, including both oral and written.
- High-level commitment toward program, department, & university needs.
- Proficient knowledge and commitment to NCAA, ACC, and University rules and regulations.