- Must have excellent communication, customer service, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work with diverse populations.
- Must be self-directed and able to make decisions independently.
- Should have the ability to multi-task, work independently, and be creative/innovative.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of competition and safety rules.
- Must represent the University in a professional manner at all times, as well as have the ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality in any situation.
- Teach the sport of track & field at the NCAA Division II varsity level.
- Teach and provide instruction to student-athletes with a special emphasis on the jump events. (long jump, high jump, triple jump).
- Coach, mentor, and instruct athletes on day-to-day basis at practice and in competition.
- Assist the Head Coach in coordinating and supervising all daily practices.
- Assist the Head Track & Field Coach in conducting the track & field program in accordance with all NCAA, Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference and university rules.
- Attendance at compliance meetings.
- Appropriate record keeping for recruiting and playing/practice seasons, monitoring eligibility of student-athletes in the program.
- Successfully completing the annual NCAA Certification test, and assisting in the education of student-athletes about NCAA regulations.