Wittenberg University is searching for a part-time Assistant Coach for Men's & Women's Track & Field (emphasis on throwing events). The Assistant Coach will assist the head coach in leading all aspects of an NCAA Division III athletic program.
- Assist the Head Coach with practice and game-day preparation and execution.
- Evaluate, recruit, and graduate student-athletes.
- Maintain and ensure student-athlete academic integrity.
- Interact effectively and appropriately with student-athletes, parents, alumni, faculty, peers, community members, and administrators.
- Provide service to the Institution as assigned by the Director of Athletics & Recreation or the Head Coach.
- Adhere to NCAA, conference, departmental, and university policies, procedures, and expectations.
- For this position, we require that candidates have a bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of collegiate playing experience. Candidates must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, and be able to effectively and appropriately interact with student-athletes, parents, alumni, faculty, peers, community members, and administrators.
- Knowledge in the following areas is preferred: Microsoft Office, athletic video and performance review software (i.e. Hudl, Synergy), social media, recruiting software (Frontrush). A valid driver's license is required; must meet required insurance qualifications found in Wittenberg Motor Pool policies and procedures. If license is from out of state, successful candidate will need to obtain a valid Ohio driver's license within 30 days of hire date.
- Travel is required as well as some evening, night, and weekend work.