- The incumbent must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study.
- The incumbent must have sufficient experience in higher education to successfully perform the job.
- Must have excellent communication, customer service, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work with diverse populations.
- Must be self-directed and able to make decisions independently.
- Should have the ability to multi-task, work independently, and be creative/innovative.
- Teach the sport of track & field at the NCAA Division II varsity level.
- Teach and provide instruction to student-athletes with a special emphasis on the throwing events. (hammer, javelin, shot put, discus, weight).
- Coach, mentor and instruct student-athletes in a positive manner on a day-to-day basis at practice and in competition.
- Design annual training progressions for assigned events.
- Assist the head coach with other training groups as needed.
- Appropriately document and keep records for each practice session.
- Properly document and submit weekly CARA logs.