This position is responsible for helping the head coach in teaching student athletes the basics of volleyball, while emphasizing safety and also maintaining the core philosophies of Westerly Public Schools.
- Possess strong leadership ability.
- Understanding of teamwork, team building and group management.
- Assist the head coach in organizing practices that will maintain safety and supervision starting before the first player arrives until after the last leaves.
- Assist the head coach in conducting practices that will allow student athletes to gain physical fitness.
- Assist the head coach in teaching the fundamentals of volleyball.
- Assist the head coach in creating a team first atmosphere.
- Promote fair play and good sportsmanship.
- Maintain good standing within the Special Olympics.
- Experienced with exceptional education required.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Obtain First Aid and CPR Certifications.
- Pass “NFHS Unified Sports Course” within 30 days of hire.
- Annually complete the NFHS Concussion management course.
- Annually complete the NFHS Sudden Cardiac Arrest course.