Cretin-Derham Hall seeks candidates for the position of Assistant Varsity Cross Country Coach. This coach will serve as the assistant on our Cross Country team and will be responsible for supporting the vision for the program and help to successfully lead, develop, and nurture our student athletes in a positive educational based athletic philosophy. Position begins in Mid-August 2022 and continues through November 2022.
- Create a positive environment that promotes good sportsmanship.
- Help plan and execute organized and structured practices.
- Aid in the effective supervision and evaluation of all players.
- Create a rapport with the greater community to generate interest in the program.
- Recognize contributions of all and strive to impress upon the athletes and parents that their efforts are valued.
- Participate as a positive team member in the development and support of excellence within the Athletic Department.
- Prior coaching experience at various skill levels in competitive environments and in a state association like the MSHSL.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and develop essential running skills, display positive match conduct and develop players’ ability to train together to achieve maximum potential as individuals and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, other coaches and administration.