ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Maintains accurate statistics, records, and results of the season.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Maintains competency in rules, rule interpretations, meet procedures, coaching techniques, and general information about all aspects of the sport.
- Establishes performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in this sport. and is consistent in establishing criteria for eligibility in competition.
- Adheres to a highly efficient and technically sound program of injury prevention and follow up.
- Experience in physical education, coaching, first-aid, CPR, and sports medicine preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of students or employees of the district.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.