Punahou School is actively recruiting an Assistant Coach for the Varsity IAA Football Team. The Assistant Coach position is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing the needs of the sport within the Athletic Program. This position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques. The ideal candidate will have previous experience coaching a Football team in an educational setting, good communication, and organizational skills, physical ability to demonstrate positions usual to the sport, and a positive and effective track record of coaching performance.
- College degree and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Two (2) years of positive and effective experience and a track record of leadership in a successful interscholastic program as a head coach, or other significant leadership experience in building and maintaining a successful large school program preferred.
- Background in teaching preferred, with experience working with adolescents.
- Knowledge of the value of athletics and competition at the intermediate and high school level.
- Substantial knowledge of the game as demonstrated through the development of comprehensive practice plans, offensive and defensive schemes, implementation of off-season expectations for student athletes, and the implementation of effective and contemporary teaching/coaching practices.