Position is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing the program at the assigned school. Position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques.
- Assists the head coach with instructing students in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assesses student's skills, monitors students during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards students, officials, and spectators.
- Experience as an assistant coach or athlete at the high school or college level preferred.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess some knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
Manassas Park City Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws.