Assistant coaches are to be committed to the direction of the program and work toward the same goals set forth by the Head Coach. When coaches and assistants are in charge of their own team, they are to adhere to the same philosophies and rules that are expected of a Varsity Head Coach. Portraying a positive image and being a leader by example are responsibilities of all coaches in the Warsaw Community School program.
- Coaches as directed by the head coach in teaching the skills necessary for excellent achievement by WCHS athletes.
- With the head coach, plans and schedules appropriate practices.
- Attends all practices and contests as scheduled.
- Attends all staff meetings called by the head coach.
- Assists with the processing of all paperwork pertaining to the team and the total program
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times; assists with the establishment of and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual players.
- Assists with the development of their respective program at all levels via attending games as designated by the head coach.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Playing experience in high school and/or college athletics.
- Previous coaching experience at the high school level and/or other youth sport levels.