The Assistant Volleyball Coach reports to the Head Volleyball Coach and is responsible for all aspects of the University of Tulsa’s NCAA Division I Volleyball Program. This position will perform as a positive role model for student-athletes in an upbeat environment which strives for academic and athletic excellence and will establish a professional relationship with student-athletes, staff, alumni and the general public in an effort to promote the university, and its athletic program.
- Responsible for assisting the Head Volleyball Coach with the overall management of the volleyball program including operations, team travel, recruiting, equipment, coaching, scheduling, and budget.
- Assist in the daily preparation and coordination of team practices.
- Assist in the coordination and management of on-campus (home) volleyball matches.
- Assist the Head Volleyball Coach and other members of the volleyball coaching staff in the recruitment of highly skilled student-athletes for the volleyball team.
- Develop and implement programs to assist student-athletes in their transition into the college environment.
- Work closely with athletic training, academic and student services, and athletic performance staffs to monitor the progress of student-athletes.
- Perform necessary administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and volleyball coaching experience; excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills; strong self-starter; knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations; ability to work closely with a diverse group of people (Required).
- Master’s Degree; one-two years of collegiate volleyball coaching experience; demonstrated ability to work effectively with student-athletes, faculty, coaches and administrators (Preferred).
The University does not discriminate on the basis of personal status or group characteristic including, but not limited to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, or marital status.