This position will assist the Head Volleyball Coach with all aspects of a Division I program. Must have a commitment to compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations. Must provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of the student-athletes. This position provides comprehensive assistance to the Athletics Department in the area of providing comprehensive instruction to the volleyball team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide instruction specific to volleyball team that includes teaching proper skills & technique, basic physical health concepts (to include nutritional education), team & individual leadership concepts/skills, as well as providing general safety instruction.
- Assist & run practices under the direction of the Head Coach.
- Other coaching & instructional duties as assigned by Head Coach
- Recruit and evaluate prospective student-athletes.
- Coordinate official and unofficial campus visits, as assigned.
- Assist with team travel & scouting as assigned.
- Serve as role model and demonstrate a professional working relationship with student-athletes, staff, administration, alumni, and general public.
- Assist with social media for volleyball program, when applicable.
- Assist with all aspects of volleyball camps & clinics, including following all University hiring procedures.
- Develop community support for the program and participate in volleyball & athletics department fundraising activities, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- One year of volleyball coaching experience at the collegiate or professional level.
- Successful completion of criminal history background check.
- Valid Driver's License.