The Assistant Volleyball Coach, under the direction of the Head Volleyball Coach, is responsible for recruitment and retention of student athletes, planning, executing and overseeing practices for the Volleyball Program. The Assistant Coach will work closely with the coaching staff in fundraising, community and alumni relations as well as oversee the academic progress of the Volleyball student athletes.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Identify, recruit and retain student-athletes and assist in the development of scholarship student-athletes. Interact with student-athlete and family and provide counsel, guidance and support as necessary while consistent with team philosophy.
- Teach skills related to women’s volleyball program and implement a thorough, sound and safe teaching plan. The incumbent will assist with recruiting.
- Develop, maintain and foster positive public relations with schools and maintain high level of visibility throughout the communities.
- Serve as the primary liaison with department’s academic advisor and oversee the academic success of the student-athlete. Assist with procurement, purchasing, facilities management and fund raising for sport program. Assist the Head Coach in all phases of a successful Division 1 intercollegiate program.
- Maintain accurate recruiting lists and have thorough knowledge of all NCAA and University rules and regulations. Acquire all necessary knowledge to successfully pass the NCAA mandated recruiting exam. Responsible for compliance with the policies and rules of the University, the NCAA, and the Mid-American Conference.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience coaching at the collegiate level or professional level. Successful experience as a graduate assistant or intern in college athletic program is acceptable for the required experience.