Butler University, a member of the BIG EAST Conference, seeks a full-time assistant coach for women's volleyball.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Training - Assist with teaching and coaching during individual/group skill instruction, practice coaching, game coaching and scouting which leads to the team’s competitive success. Assist with pre and post season conditioning, weight training and skill development. Prepare and execute practice and competition plans.
- Student-Athlete Experience - Assist with academic monitoring and personal development of student- athletes. Contribute to building a positive team culture.
- Recruiting - Assist with the evaluation and recruitment of academically qualified and national caliber student-athletes.
- Administrative duties - Assist with budget management, compliance, team travel planning, alumni relations, and equipment purchasing. Other duties as assigned by the head coach.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred.
- 2 years of collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Collegiate playing experience and the ability to physically play in practice.
- A thorough knowledge of and commitment to NCAA rules and regulations required.
- Desired candidate will have outstanding verbal and written communication and leadership skills and be able to work effectively with student-athletes, coaches, administrators and staff.
- Proven record of outstanding integrity and ethical conduct.