Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provides assistance to the Head Volleyball Coach with activities associated with the Women's Indoor Volleyball program and student-athletes.
- Evaluates and recruits student-athletes locally, nationally and internationally from high schools, and others in the transfer portal or junior college.
- Assists with monitoring the academic performance and academic progress of student-athletes in conjunction with the staff of the Student-Athlete Academic Center (SAAC) to ensure successful Academic Progress Rate (APR) status of the program. Coordinates enrollment activities of student-athletes to ensure smooth transition.
- Under the direction of the head coach, evaluate, coach and demonstrate proper sport techniques and assist with designing training and practice strategies for both injury avoidance and optimizing individual and team performance.
- Transports student-athletes when necessary. Duties may include the transportation of prospects and student-athletes to events, practices and competitions.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one (1) year of coaching experience at the high school level or above.
- Successful experience as a graduate assistant or intern in an athletic program is acceptable with one (1) year of the required experience.