The incumbent is responsible for coaching student athletes and assisting in the management and administration of the intercollegiate women’s basketball program within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Alcorn State University, the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association. (NCAA).
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with year-round recruitment of high school and junior college players, including traveling to prospective games/events, phone calls and letters to both coaches and players.
- Assists with delivering coaching instructions in a variety of learning styles.
- Assists with pre/post workouts.
- Ensures tapes/videos equipment are prepared for home and away games and exchange tapes with opponents.
- Records statistics for each match.
- Represents Alcorn State University and the Women’s Volleyball program in a professional manner.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One (1) year collegiate coaching experience, including effective leadership, communications, coaching and recruiting preferred.