The Assistant Coach supports the Head Coach with day-to-day operations of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) team at Frederick Community College. The Assistant Coach works under the guidance and direction of the Head Coach and is supervised by the Director of Athletics. The Assistant Coach meets the travel demands of the athletic competition schedule.
- Assist the Head Coach to meet the needs of the position.
- Instruct student athletes regarding the rules of the sport including rule changes, new developments, and innovative ideas.
- Help recruit academically and athletically-qualified prospective student athletes.
- Work evening/weekends as necessary.
- Observe and evaluate all aspects of student athletes in both training and competition, and work with the Head Coach to develop a coaching plan to meet individual needs.
- Monitor the academic performance and progress of student-athletes to ensure compliance with College and NJCAA rules.
- Work with the FCC Foundation in fundraising activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Administration, Education, Physical Education, or Recreation.
- Two years of college coaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience as a positive role model to student athletes.