The Assistant Coach, Women’s Volleyball assists the head coach in all facets of running an NCAA Division I Intercollegiate Athletics program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides on-court offensive and defensive training with student athletes.
- Assists the Head Coach with identification, recruitment, and retention of student athletes.
- Assists in planning and organizing team travel.
- Monitors student athlete academic progress and class attendance in collaboration with the Athletics Academic Coordinator.
- Assists with community service initiatives.
- Complies with all University, Atlantic 10, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Remains current with all changes in NCAA, as well as changes to University, Atlantic 10 rules and regulations regarding intercollegiate athletics, including the requirement for self-reporting any possible rules violations and participation in the annual NCAA continuing education programs including passing the NCAA certification test.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Coaching and/or playing experience at the collegiate level or above.
- Evidence of ability to interact positively with student-athletes, parents, colleagues, and the public.
- Demonstration of effective oral and written communication skills.
- Current CPR/AED certification or ability to obtain within two months of employment.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel throughout the country.