The purpose of this position is to assist the Head Women’s Basketball Coach by coaching an assigned position for the team and to coordinate recruiting for program.
- Establishes commitments to compliance of rules and keeps all student athletes informed about National
- Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) conference and University eligibility requirements, new legislation, academic standards and University code of conduct.
- Coordinates recruiting efforts for women’s basketball program.
- Assists the Head Coach with film breakdown strategizing game plan and teaching techniques and fundamentals of the position.
- Assist student-athletes in practice to prepare for competition.
- Knowledge of University, NCAA and Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the sport as well as coaching training and techniques.
- Ability to supervise and evaluate student athletes.
- Skill in oral and written English to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Skill in organization as well as technical and disciplinary skills to help assist the coordinator.