Essential Job Functions:
- Running practices and work-outs.
- Monitoring athlete scholarships, academic progress and class schedules.
- Remain apprised of MIAA & NCAA rules and regulations.
- Maintain a healthy, fair and inclusive work environment by promoting diversity, exercising teamwork and collaboration.
- Actively promote a professional workplace culture of mutual respect and collegiality for all members of the institution.
- As team leader and motivator, work to build positive and cooperative relationships with staff, encouraging them to work toward individual and departmental goals.
- Perform additional job related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree and experience in coaching and/or playing basketball
- Preferred: Master’s degree.
- Experience in college athletics.
- Experience in women’s basketball.
Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.