Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Assistant Coach – Women’s Basketball. Under the direct supervision of the Head Coach, assists in the coordination of a Women’s Basketball Intercollegiate Athletics Program which provides opportunity for female student-athletes to train and compete in a competitive, Division I women’s basketball program while attending school to earn a college degree.
- Recruit high level academically and athletically skilled female student-athletes to attend Rutgers University to play basketball in order to maintain a nationally competitive NCAA Intercollegiate Big Ten Conference women’s basketball program and to earn a college degree.
- Able to strategically analyze video tape of an opponent, break it down, assemble a highlight video and write a detailed scouting report to be given to the head coach, assistant coaches and staff. In addition, have the ability and communication skills to present the scouting video/report during film session and at practice to the entire team.
- Assist in organizing, conducting practices and competitions at a high level of efficiency and success.
- Assist in developing, teaching and instructing the student-athletes in the proper basketball skills & techniques, during practice, competition & conditioning sessions. Help the student-athletes enhance their life-skills and leadership qualities on and off the court. Monitor and encourage student-athletes in their academic requirements & endeavors.
- Collegiate basketball coaching and playing experience preferred.
- Prefer experience with recruiting and thorough familiarity with outstanding players around the country, specifically with top 100 women’s basketball players in the country.
- Experience with running summer camps is highly desirable.