The Assistant Coach - Women's Basketball teaches and instructs student-athletes how to perform in their sport, including sport-related fundamentals, skills, team concepts, and safety practices.
- Instructs and coaches student-athletes, emphasizing fundamentals, skills development, conditioning, game preparation, strategy, and safety practices.
- Exercises discretion and judgment in implementing instructional techniques designed to develop student-athlete capacities.
- Integrates innovative technology into the instruction of student-athletes to facilitate learning and safety.
- Maintains an environment that emphasizes academics as a priority, making every effort to ensure that all student-athletes meet academic requirements, while working to integrate sports into the academic life of the University.
- Maintains complete knowledge and compliance of rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletics while working within the departments rules, regulations and policies.
- Assists in the preparation of an annual written plan and goals for the program and the annual assessment of performance in relation to the plan and goals.
- Strong knowledge of effective coaching practices, including the integration of technology into instructional methods.
- Prior experience in sport sciences.
- Advanced knowledge of NCAA and Conference Rules and Regulations as they pertain to student-athletes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated management skills and knowledge of supervision and management practices.
- Ability to contribute to the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.