Serve as Assistant Coach- Women’s Basketball for the NCAA Intercollegiate Athletics program. This is a vital position within the Athletics program and has a 12-month contract with full benefits. Triton Athletics promotes the pursuit of excellence, strength of character, teamwork, ethical conduct, and diversity, and is inextricably linked to the educational mission of the University.
- A Bachelor's Degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience to demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence in both academics and athletics, as well as to understand the needs of students balancing the requirements of academics and athletics.
- Recruiting experience at a DI or DII level with student-athletes that are at a high-academic and high-athletic level.
- Demonstrated ability to teach specified sport to individuals and the team as a whole.
- Ability to follow work schedule as outlined by Head Coach and department.
- Strong proven knowledge of sound principles and rules governing specified sport. Personal experience with specified sport.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and instructing camps of specified sport.
- Proven ability to use all athletic equipment and computer software programs needed to perform job duties.
- A background check is required; a valid driver's license is required. Must also participate in the DMV Pull program and maintain a clean DMV record.
- Must maintain NCAA certified recruiter status.
- Must maintain CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- This position is a mandated reporter of known or suspected child abuse or neglect, according to the California law, Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA).
- This position is a campus security authority (CSA) for the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which is a federal law requiring disclosure of information about crimes on and around campus.