The Assistant Coach is responsible for coaching the program under the supervision and guidance of the Head Coach. The Assistant Coach will perform his/her duties in strict adherence to the rules and policies of the University, the Pacific West Conference and the NCAA. The position requires the ability to travel with the team and work on weekends and evenings.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year collegiate institution.
- 2 years of basketball coaching experience with successful recruiting and competitive track record, or 2 years of basketball playing experience at a collegiate or professional level.
- Assist the Head Coach with providing instruction to student-athlete/players.
- Provide instruction to student-athletes during practice and competition hours.
- Develop team members’ skills and ensure the team has quality routines for the season
- Assist the Head Coach with student-athlete/player development and training.
- Attend and coach all games and practices as directed by the Head Coach.
- Regular, reliable, non-disruptive attendance is essential for this position as is the ability to create and maintain collegial harmonious working relationships with others.