Essential Job Duties:
- Assists with the coaching, organization, administration and development of a successful collegiate athletic program.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of specific aspects of the women’s basketball program, as directed by the head coach.
- Monitor the mental and physical health of student-athletes.
- Assist in monitoring the academic performance of student-athletes.
- Develop player skills and and provide coaching for student-athletes for specific positions.
- Recruit and build relationships with prospects that are identified by the staff as good fits for MWSU via phone, text and in person communications.
- Organize and produce scouting reports on opponents in a manner determined by head coach.
- Represents the University at campus, alumni and community functions.
- Comply with all rules and regulations of the NCAA, the MIAA, Missouri Western State University, as well as those of the team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the specific skills required for each position.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Ability to develop relationships with student-athletes and prospective recruits.
- Ability to coach student-athletes.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and other general office equipment.
- Organized thinker with exceptional attention to detail.