Wilmington University is an NCAA Division II university that competes in the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC), and its main campus is located in New Castle, Delaware, with the WU Athletics Complex located six miles away in Newark. The athletics department sponsors 16 varsity sports.
- Teach the sport of basketball at the NCAA Division II varsity level.
- Assist the head coach in recruiting efforts, including evaluating and contacting prospective student-athletes, and completing compliance logs in a timely manner.
- Assist the head coach in the scouting of future opponents.
- Provide instruction of team members, including the preparation, planning and conducting of practice sessions.
- Teach student-athlete’s specific tasks, while serving as a mentor to team members.
- Assist head coach in supervision of team travel.
- Must take and pass the NCAA Recruiting Exam annually.
- Promote and foster an inclusive and diverse environment for all students, faculty, and staff.
- The incumbent must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study.
- Must have excellent communication, customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work with diverse populations.
- Must be self-directed and able to make decisions independently.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, work independently as well as be creative and other Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of competition and safety rules.