Essential Job Functions:
- Works with the head coach to oversee practices and scheduled contests to provide a positive and competitive experience for student athletes; in absence of the head coach the assistant coach assumes full responsibility for the team.
- Works with the head coach to develop a recruitment plan to identify and enroll student athletes that will create and sustain a successful, competitive athletic program.
- Works with the head coach to establish team rules and protocols and implements appropriately.
- Works with the head coach to foster the personal development and competitive spirit of the student athletes while supporting their educational experience.
- Works with the head coach to emphasize and promote academic progress, resulting in strong academic performance, retention and graduation rates.
- Attends recruitment trips as needed to recruit student athletes to develop a successful, competitive athletic program.
- Works with the head coach to supervise the team at all off campus competitions. Interprets and implements the rules and regulations of the team, the department, and the university.
- Provides recommendations to the head coach on team line up's and game strategy.
- Represents the university and team at all appropriate athletic events (e.g. competitions, conferences, and university sanctioned programs).
- Minimum of an associate's degree or a combination of education/certification(s) and/or experience suitable for the position.
- Moderate amount of experience with athletic coaching, collegial playing or other related experience.
- Valid U.S. driver's license.
- First Aid, CPR, AED certification, or willingness to attain such certification(s) upon hire.
Johnson & Wales University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.