The purpose of this position is to provide coaching expertise and leadership and assist the Head Coach in the management and administration of all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division II program resulting in a positive and beneficial intercollegiate experience for student-athletes.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist the head coach in the organization and supervision of practices and contests.
- Maintain standards of performance consistent with departmental, academic, and athletic expectations.
- Implement a successful recruiting program to attract outstanding student-athletes, locally and regionally and nationally to attend the University of Montevallo. Must have a recruiting strategy that builds relationships with high school, club and junior college coaches.
- Must have a working knowledge of social media as it pertains to recruiting and marketing.
- Have a general understanding of how to use video networks (such as Synergy, HUDL, Crossover, YouTube, etc..).
- Conduct all aspects of the program within the rules, regulations, and procedures of the conference, the NCAA, the departmental policy manual, and the University.
- Attend and participates in department and staff meetings as requested/required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic principles of coaching/team supervision;
- Ability to effectively coordinate recruiting activities;
- Ability to maintain team discipline and instill proper ethical and moral standards;
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with recruiting and team mobile applications such as Captain U, Field Level and GroupMe.
- General understanding of computers, mobile devices and Microsoft Office.