Malcolm X College is currently seeking a part-time Assistant Coach for our Women's Basketball team, who will assist the Head Coach in the activities of this intercollegiate sport.
- Assists the Head Coach in instruction and analysis of student athletes.
- Provides skill demonstrations of sport coached.
- Critiques athletes’ performance to determine skills and abilities that need strengthening for overall team improvement.
- Assists with the recruitment of student athletes.
- Advises students with respect to athletic performance and other personal development issues. Ensures that athletes reach their academic goals by monitoring class attendance and ensuring they receive academic support as necessary.
- Assists with assessment of equipment, uniforms and other necessary apparel and needs; assists with making team travel arrangements, both in accordance with the Board’s purchasing guidelines.
- Completion of an Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s preferred preferably in Physical Education or related field, supplemented by 2-3 years of coaching and/or professional playing experience.
- Familiarity with NJCAA rules and regulations a plus.