The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach provides assistance in all phases of coaching the Division I women’s basketball program including: student-athlete recruitment, game preparation, player evaluation, academic coordination and practice and game coaching. Also provide administrative support as assigned.
- Organizing, recruitment/evaluation of student-athletes.
- Conducting and supervising practices and player conditioning.
- Scouting of future opponents.
- Assist with the preparation, implementation of game strategies, and basketball analytics.
- Providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes within the women’s basketball program.
- Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes.
- Liaison to the Athletic Healthcare office for athletic healthcare and mental health matters.
- Coordinate and oversee basketball summer camps and clinics.
- Recruiting Coordinator experience at the collegiate level preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of video editing programs, such as: Synergy, JustPlay, etc. preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance, mentor and advise college students.
- Experience working effectively in diverse environments.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills.