To assist with the activities of the Women’s Basketball team, participating in the growth and development of every student athlete, while promoting healthy lifestyles and interpersonal skills.
- Perform key program implementation functions for assign team, in conjunction with the mission and culture of the college and in consultation with the Head Coach.
- Serve as professional educator for student athletes, encouraging individual as well as team goal setting, acknowledging individual challenges and achievements, encouraging academic achievement and positive social interactions at all times.
- Carry out specific team development tasks as assigned. May include: generating on campus participants, conditioning of athletes, monitoring academic and personal development through program evaluations.
- Plan and carry out team practice sessions, coach team during games, modeling good sportsmanship and positive social interactions at all times.
- Assist in the recruitment of student athletes: maintain up-to-date files of prospective students; evaluate athletic performance and potential; meet with prospective students; participate in special department recruitment programs/activities.
- Bachelor's degree in physical education, recreation, or other appropriate discipline.
- Previous high school or college coaching experience, with collegiate playing experience desirable, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Basic knowledge and skills related to college athletic programs, with demonstrated skills in assigned team sports.
- Demonstrated basic teaching/coaching skills. Demeanor to deal effectively with students, parents, coaches, and other college athletics personnel, and other CSC personnel in carrying out the recruitment and coaching aspects of the job.
- Demeanor to deal effectively with students, parents, coaches, and other college athletics personnel, and other CSC personnel in carrying out the recruitment and coaching aspects of the job.