The part time regular Assistant Coach, Women's Basketball is responsible for assisting in the coaching and teaching of students, game and practice preparation and execution, compliance with NCAA, and conference rules/regulations, assisting with appropriate recruitment of scholar athletes, assisting with general team administrative work. Depending on the unique skills of the successful candidate, there may be other duties assigned within the Department.
Essential Job Duties:
- Demonstrating a high level of teaching and coaching competency in sport skill instruction, sport strategy, tactics and rules, physical training and fitness and student motivation in practice execution. Will work with the head coach but will be able to run practice sessions independently as needed and scheduled.
- Demonstrating a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development, as well as the athletic welfare of student-athletes; collaborating with the head coach and certified athletic trainers to support students in all ways. Student health and safety are our highest priorities.
- Demonstrating appropriate understanding and skills of recruitment activities of scholar athletes at the most highly selective and academically rigorous institution. Above reproach in messaging with families and confidential student data.
- General team focused and student support duties as assigned including but not limited to: team transportation and meals, organizing camps and clinics, taking care of equipment and facilities, interfacing with alumni.
- Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to the rules and expectations of Caltech, the NCAA, and the SCIAC, at all times. This includes excellent sportsmanship, a commitment to be a positive leader and role model at all times and the desire and ability to be a first class representative of the Institute at all times.
- Must secure and maintain valid driver license during employment.
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of the sport.
- Knowledge of SCIAC & NCAA rules and regulations.
- CPR, AED, First Aid certifications.