Provide leadership and management to produce a quality intercollegiate team that represents a commitment to academic and athletic excellence. Perform on-court coaching and instruction. Other duties include, but are not limited to: recruiting, scouting, maintaining statistics, game scheduling, travel arrangements, academic monitoring, equipment purchasing, exercising good judgment and independent decision making in budgeting.
Illustrative Examples of Essential Functions:
- Perform on-court coaching, teaching and instruction.
- Recruit student-athletes to Basketball program.
- Maintain team and individual statistics, report scores to media.
- Schedule sport's contests.
- Purchase and maintain College equipment.
- Adhere to sport budget, including travel, supply, contractual and printing accounts.
- Travel and drive to all contests.
- Monitor academic progress of student-athletes.
- Fundraise monies as needed.
- Supervise and evaluate assistant coach(es).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
(Special physical requirements necessary for performance of the job)
- Position is requires moderate physical activity and individual dexterity to demonstrate basketball skills.
- Position may be required to lift 25 on infrequent occasions.
Kishwaukee College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and any reasonable and timely accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act will be made upon documented request by the employee.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, planning, leadership skills, attention to detail, flexibility, initiative and sound judgment.
- Ability and commitment to recruit instruct and motivate college student athletes.
- A positive role model for young adults.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to demonstrate the Kishwaukee College Athletics core values of accountability, respect, sportsmanship, academic and athletic excellence.
- Must possess a valid Illinois Driver's License and have a good driving record.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a college or high school varsity coach.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of collegiate coaching desired.