Reporting directly to the Head Coach for the Women's Beach Volleyball program with the primary responsibility to support the Head Coach in administration of a competitive NCAA Division I Beach Volleyball Program that adheres to all University, American Athletic Conference, and NCAA Rules and regulations.
- Assist head coach in development of a program that challenges student-athletes to improve and succeed individually and as a team.
- Must ensure that appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
- Oversees student-athlete's athletic performance training and physical health in coordination with assigned strength coach and athletic trainer to ensure student athletes receive appropriate training, education and guidance in the areas of nutrition, strength training, injury prevention, injury rehabilitation/restrictions etc.
- Responsible for continual assessment/evaluation of student-athlete progress of skills, knowledge, techniques and execution of learned skills by observation during game and practice sessions, etc. and uses discretionary judgement to identify weaknesses and make necessary adjustments to instructional techniques, training, etc.
- Makes recommendations to head coach based on assessments of student-athletes.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in an appropriate area of specialization, and one year of coaching experience at the high school level or above.
- Successful experience as a graduate student or intern is acceptable for up to one year of the required experience.
- Additional education and/or experience may be required for certain sports, or for strength and conditioning coaches.
- Related coaching experience at the professional level can be substituted for the degree requirements.