The Assistant Coach performs coaching responsibilities as assigned by the Head Women’s Golf Coach. The ideal candidate will have proven experience coaching, mentoring, and developing golfers. Experience with developing daily, weekly, and seasonal training plans. In addition, a successful candidate will have experience with launch monitors and other technologies to help improve our players.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist head coach in all facets of the program.
- Provide leadership, organization and supervision for practice and competition.
- Maintain a high standard of performance consistent with Emory University and the Department of Athletics’ mission of academic and athletic excellence.
- Analysis of video and statistical data to further develop and improve student-athlete performance.
- Assist in organizing home tournaments and away travel arrangements.
- Ability to identify and evaluate highly competitive prospective student-athletes that meet the stringent academic requirements of Emory University.
- Communicates with Sports Medicine, Sports Information, Strength and Conditioning and administrative staff when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Previous playing and/or coaching experience.
- Strong abilities to work in student-athlete development and their commitment to their athletic and academic success.