Under the general supervision of the Head Coach, Women’s Ice Hockey, the Assistant Coach, Women’s Ice Hockey provides support and assistance of the intercollegiate ice hockey program, but is not limited to the following aspects; preparation of training/practice sessions, pregame organization and scouting reports, team travel arrangements, recruiting, managing recruiting database or Front Rush Recruiting Program, assist with recruiting tours of the University, assist toward instruction/knowledge of the college ice hockey game, and professional communication in regards to the Coaching staff and individual players.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA guidelines and the ability to teach critical skills, regulations, and competitive ice hockey strategies and training techniques.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn current strategies of recruiting and recruiting software.
- Ensure compliance of the program with University and NCAA.
- Knowledge and experience of the Division III philosophy.
- Demonstrated skills in developing and motivating students both academically and athletically.
- Strong commitment to the values of a liberal arts education.
- Understanding of teacher/coach model in a NCAA Division III athletics program.
- In cooperation with the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach will develop and maintain a system to identify potential recruits and to work closely with high school and travel coaches to recruit quality student-athletes to Stevenson University.
- Identify and recruit quality student-athletes, both nationally and locally, who meet the high standards established by Stevenson University.
- Work in conjunction with the Head Women’s Ice Hockey Coach to encourage the development of psychological, social, and mental skills necessary for the student-athlete to be successful in the classroom, on the field, and in future endeavors.
- Assist with the daily administrative duties of the program.
- Assist with scheduling for practices and competition, interfacing with administrators and representatives from other schools.