Brown University Athletics is seeking candidates for Assistant Coach, Women's Ice Hockey. This position assists the Head Coach, Women’s Ice Hockey in all phases of the Women’s Ice Hockey Program which includes coaching and teaching, as well as assisting in recruiting and administrative duties such as coordinating training and travel schedules, video analysis, and completing compliance information.
- Assist in coaching and teaching of student-athletes in practice and games
- Working with the Head Coach, develop and implement a recruiting strategy to ensure matriculation of talented student-athletes.
- Assist with the evaluation of potential student-athletes.
- Recruiting prospective student-athletes
- Coordinate team compliance records to ensure timely and accurate reporting of practice time, recruiting activities and student-athlete information.
- Competitive collegiate and/or international playing experience, preferred.
- Ability to recruit within NCAA and Ivy League Rules.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication & computer skills, necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work with and relate well to students
- Excellent sport specific technical, tactical and strategic knowledge.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Basic proficiency in excel, word, internet & email capabilities.
- Social media experience, helpful.
- Prior experience with XOS or other video editing software, helpful.