The primary function of the Third Assistant Women's Hockey Coach is to assist the Head Coach in every facet in the operation of the women's NCAA Division 1 hockey program consistent with the policies of Sacred Heart University, the NCAA, and the New England Women's Hockey Alliance.
SCOPE AND MAGNITUDE:
- Assist the Head Coach in the continuing development of a successful NCAA Division 1 women's hockey program, which includes providing a positive environment conducive to personal growth and development of the student-athletes as each strives for excellence on the ice, in the classroom and in the community.
- Assist in the scouting and recruitment of division 1 caliber student-athletes that demonstrate academic proficiency, athletic excellence, and outstanding character.
- Assist in the coordination of unofficial visits, and Official visits to the campus, including travel arrangements, setting itineraries, procuring student-athlete hosts, housing, meals, campus tours, game tickets, and academic appointments.
- Completing and maintaining recruiting records as required by the NCAA.
- Assists in development, and strategic organization, planning, and implementation of daily practices, including player positional (Offensive-Defensive- Goaltender) skill development, including video meetings.
- Assist in the coordination of Team Travel, which includes securing bus, and air transportation, Hotels, and coordination of team meals.
- Contributing to, and monitoring of team social media content, as well as potential prospective student athlete recruits.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS NEEDED:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience playing at the collegiate level or experience coaching at the collegiate level.
- Must have the ability to conduct business in a professional manner.
- Must have strong interpersonal, writing and leadership skills.
- Recruiting experience and solid understanding and knowledge of NCAA recruiting regulations.
- Experience breaking down game tape preferred.
- Must be committed to assisting with the development of the student-athletes as each strives for excellence on the ice, in the classroom and in the community.