To assist the head coach in accordance with University and NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary responsibilities are to assist the head coach in all aspects and duties involved in administrating a competitive NCAA Division III women's ice hockey program including, but not limited to:
- Recruiting athletically and academically qualified student athletes which includes travel; scouting opponents and video breakdown.
- Provide professionalism, leadership, commitment and passion for excellence in competing conducive to the development of student athletes.
- Encourage a commitment to academic excellence.
- Aid in organizing development and implementing practice plans.
- Assist in planning and preparing for games; pre-game set up.
- Develop and monitor a strength and condition program for the student athletes for pre and post season.
- Assist in recruitment and communication correspondence of qualified prospective student athletes in high school. Including phone, meeting one on one with student and families visiting campus, presence at all university events such as open houses, fundraisers, team events and any other duties assigned by the head coach.
- Attend all games home and away and practices.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
High School Diploma or GED required, college coursework strongly preferred. A minimum of two years of playing or coaching experience required. Must possess current CPR/First Aid Certification. Valid chauffeur's license required.
Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Strong interpersonal skills required. Must have the ability to work with traditional-aged college student population. Knowledge of Windows-based computer applications is preferred. Candidate must be committed to a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities and good citizenship both on and off the field.
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.