The primary and most important responsibility of a coach is instructing student-athletes. Reporting to the Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach, the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of position/positions assignment as directed by the Head Coach.
- Performs planning, organization and execution for coaching (instruction/education) duties as described and assigned by the Head Coach for all meetings, practice sessions and competitions.
- Function in game day organization and assignments as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Evaluation of opponents and the development of a game plan for student-athlete instruction in accordance with position/positions assignment as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Perform recruiting activities and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Women’s Lacrosse recruiting coordinator to meet the objectives of the university and team, including the evaluation, contact, and establishing relationships with prospective student-athletes and coaches.
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled by the Head Coach.
- Assist in the development of team rules and policies.
- Responsible for supervision, instruction and direction of student-athletes as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Lacrosse playing or coaching experience at the club, high school, collegiate or professional level required.
- A bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution is required.
- Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.