High Point University (High Point, North Carolina) is seeking a dynamic individual for the position of Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach. HPU is an NCAA Division I program and member of the Big South Conference. This position is responsible for assisting with all aspects of coaching and administration of the HPU women’s lacrosse program.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- NCAA playing experience strongly preferred.
- Coaching experience preferred.
- Instructs student-athletes, improving skill, sport performance and leadership.
- Assists Head Coach in coaching student-athletes.
- Counsels team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters; assists in monitoring the academic progress and eligibility status of student-athletes.
- Evaluates, recruits, and recommends prospective student-athletes.
- Monitors the conditioning and training of student-athletes.
- Participates in analysis of past performance, opponent’s performance, designing game plans/strategies, etc.
- Supervises travel arrangements for team, including housing, transportation and meal arrangements for all players, coaches and staff.
- Maintains positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating effectively with students, students’ parents, faculty, co-workers and managers.