This is a full-time, twelve-month position that assists the head coach in the practice and game scheduling, recruiting, and coaching of the women’s lacrosse team while adhering to Pennsylvania State Athletic Association (PSAC) and NCAA II regulations. Must be able to support and promote the University’s Mission.
- Assists with all on- and off-field lacrosse instruction; evaluates players while providing instruction.
- Evaluates prospective student-athletes athletically and academically.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the academic and athletic success of the student-athletes and NCAA compliance with the highest ethical standards.
- Consults with appropriate personnel for the resolution of issues as required.
- Facilitates and supports a positive student-athlete experience.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of and accountability to PSAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assists with the overall recruiting process, including on and off-campus recruiting activities and events.
- Trains, strengthens, and develops all student-athletes; in compliance with all NCAA Division II and PSAC rules and regulations.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree; working knowledge of PSAC and NCAA regulations. Must be able to pass the NCAA recruiting/education modules annually.
- Experience: Collegiate coaching or playing experience, with an ability to recruit.
- Skills: Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated organizational and time management skills; and the ability to effectively teach and coach lacrosse skills and strategy.
- Certifications and Licenses: A valid driver’s license that is in good standing is required.