Longwood University invites applications for the position of Assistant Coach, Women's Lacrosse (M0053). The successful candidate will be responsible for instructing, recruiting, and/or coaching student athletes in the fundamentals of lacrosse by demonstrating techniques and methods necessary for success during collegiate competition; informing student athletes of the University, NCAA, and Big South Conference rules and regulations; evaluating student athletes' strengths and weaknesses to improve the athletes' technique to increase the success rate during collegiate competition.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in the instruction, scouting, recruiting, and/or coaching of student-athletes in the fundamentals of Women's Lacrosse by demonstrating techniques and methods for success during college competition.
- Inform student-athletes of the University, the Big South Conference, and the NCAA rules and regulations.
- Evaluate student-athletes strengths and weaknesses to improve techniques in order to be successful on and off the field.
- Provide and encourage teambuilding.
- Work to ensure the academic success of student-athletes.
- Demonstrate team strategy and planning skills.
- Show and promote professional sportsmanship conduct.
- Master's degree preferred; Bachelor's degree with equivalent training and work experience required.
- Experience with film breakdown and video editing preferred.
- Practical application skills in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to meet University eligibility to drive state fleet vehicles, including passenger vans and/or mini-buses.
- Must be able to perform physical activities associated with the sport of lacrosse.