The Athletics Department at Marist College invites applications for a full-time, 12-month position as the Assistant Coach, Women's Lacrosse. This position will participate in the preparation, coordination, practice & game plan preparation, and execution of practice plans during the academic year. The position is responsible for the identification, research of, and communication with prospective student-athletes during the calendar year. The full-time assistant coach will also assist in the academic, personal, and career mentoring of student-athletes.
- Researching the tournaments, showcases, high school games, tryouts, and other relevant recruiting opportunities of prospective student-athletes.
- Preparing and coordinating the recruiting calendar and accommodations in accordance with the NCAA, MMC (for all sports but Football), Pioneer League(Football only), and institution regulations.
- Evaluating prospective student-athletes by traveling to the tournaments, showcases, high school games, tryouts, and other relevant recruiting opportunities during permissible recruiting periods.
- Conducting appropriate communication with coaches, prospective student-athletes, and parents.
- Coordinating and executing official and unofficial visits to campus for prospective student-athletes and their families.
- Active participant in all NCAA rules education programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. 1-3 years’ experience playing college lacrosse and/or coaching Division I women’s lacrosse.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and guidelines required.