This role is a part time, 11 month role that will assist the head coach and assistant coaches of a varsity sport in all aspects of coaching, including instruction of student-athletes, recruiting of prospective student-athletes, and all NCAA and Ivy League Conference administrative requirements. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coaching practice sessions, workouts, and competitions.
- Recruiting and identifying potential student-athletes
- Assists the Head Coach and Assistant Coach in the management of the overall program as directed.
- Ability to recruit within NCAA and Ivy League Rules.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication & computer skills, necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work with and relate well to students
- Excellent sport specific technical, tactical and strategic knowledge.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Basic proficiency in excel, word, internet & email capabilities.
- Social media experience, helpful.
- Familiarity with ARMS and Teamworks, or similar, preferred.
- Prior experience with video editing software, helpful.
- Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the game and ability to coach & motivate.
Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.