Wilmington University is an NCAA Division II university that competes in the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) and East Coast Conference (women’s bowling) and its main campus is located in New Castle, Delaware, with the WU Athletics Complex located six miles away in Newark.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- The successful candidate must have sufficient experience in coaching at the college or university level to successfully perform the job.
- Must have excellent communication, customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work with diverse populations.
- Must be self-directed and able to make decisions independently.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, work independently as well as be creative and innovative.
- Teach the sport of women’s lacrosse at the NCAA Division II varsity level.
- Assist the head coach in recruiting efforts, including evaluating and contacting prospective student-athletes, and completing compliance logs in a timely manner.
- Assist the head coach in the scouting of future opponents.
- Provide instruction of team members, including the preparation, planning and conducting of practice sessions.
- Be knowledgeable of and work within the Wilmington University and NCAA Division II missions.