To participate as part of a decision making team (coaching staff) under the direction of the head coach in planning, coaching, recruiting, administering, and promoting the sport program within NCAA, Ivy League, and institutional standards. The Assistant Coach plays a critical role in achieving the overall goals of the program by providing important recommendations, suggestions and decisions regarding training strategies, competitions, priority listing of recruits, etc. as well as offering initiative and independent judgment (e.g., in providing coaching instruction, evaluating and communicating with prospective recruits and their parents, and representing the program to constituents).
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four years competitive experience and/or coaching at the collegiate level.
- Strong knowledge of rugby training programs, skills and strategies.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse community.
- Strong organizational skills.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.