This position reports to the Assistant Athletic Director, Campus Recreation, and is responsible to manage all phases of a competitive Women’s Rugby program in compliance with all program, conference, and institutional rules and regulations.
- Assistant with direct responsibility of the Women’s Rugby Program.
- Direct one or more division area(s) (i.e. A/B teams), as assigned.
- Assist with scheduling, planning, attending, and implementing all practices and matches in a professional and ethical manner.
- Communicate effectively and serve as a mentor and coach with student athletes so that student athletes develop their full potential as individuals and athletes.
- Assist other coaches and team members in fundraising efforts, alumnae development, and serve as point person for some initiatives.
- Must be First Aid/CPR certified.
- Must have extensive understanding of rugby union rules and strategy
- Must have previous experience playing and/or coaching the sport of rugby
- Preferably experience and extensive knowledge with backs positioning.
- This is a part-time paid position. The compensation is commensurate with experience.