The position will assist the head coach in all aspects of oversight and management of a NCAA Women’s Rugby program and the successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the head coach in all functions related to the scheduling and planning of all team meetings and practice sessions;
- Assist the head coach in all functions related to the scouting, video review, strategic preparation and game-plan execution for intercollegiate competitions;
- Assist with the recruitment of highly skilled student-athletes for the Women’s Rugby team;
- Coordinate necessary administrative duties in support of the Women’s Rugby program including, but not limited to, travel planning, budget management, ordering and distribution of equipment/apparel and planning of external program events;
- Work closely with head coach, athletic training, academic and student services, and athletic performance staffs to monitor the well-being, status and progress of student-athletes;
- Develop and implement programs to assist student-athletes in their transition into the college environment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years (2) of coaching and/or student-athlete experience in collegiate rugby.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills to effectively and appropriately evaluate and interact with student-athletes.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations and a record of commitment to NCAA compliance.